Queensland Surveying and Spatial Conference 2017 (QSSC2017) held between on the 4th and 5th May was a great success and was opened by Lee Hellen in his role as SSSI Director QLD Region.
With professionals from the surveying, spatial, government and academia sector, the 2-day event provided the opportunity to showcase:
- Queensland Infrastructure and the Commonwealth Games industry
- Future of Mapping and Hydrography
- Spatial Trends and Directions with State and Local Government
- Remote sensing – Changing our view of the world
- Advancements in field technology
- Legal and ethical future considerations for Spatial Professionals
- UAV and Drones Changing our World and how we perceive it
- Geodesy and Positioning Infrastructure
- Visualisation of our environments as a spatial paradigm
- Cadastral Systems and the future of Land surveying
- Geographic Information Systems, Spatial data Management and Big Data
- Advances in processing technology and cloud computing
- Land administration and development
- Building Information Management (BIM) and asset management technology
Exhibiting at QSSC2017 was Destination Spatial Queensland providing an opportunity for school students to learn more about the industry and the career pathways available in the surveying and spatial industry.
Land Solution Australia, Ben Moritz Registered Surveyor presented an excellent 20 minute presentation on The Queensland State Velodrome – Building an Oculus, made easy
The following day, Land Solution Australia’s Director, Lee Hellen presented the 3dQLD Road Map Preliminary findings, Phase 1; insight into the future of land surveying in Queensland.
Overall, a busy and productive great 2 days to share information and knowledge with approximately 170 colleagues and key leaders.