Gold Coast Aquatic Centre
The Gold Coast Aquatic Centre (GCAC) upgrade project required historic dive towers and pools to be preserved and refurbished during construction. A challenge technically for engineers and surveyors as influence of tidal pressures from the neighbouring Gold Coast seaway had to be closely monitored. Our client, working on behalf of State and local Government saved time and money as well as timeliness of installation of the following attributes.
Recommendation of a smart solution
• Data management from a variety of sources to efficiently identify and confirm spatial data for the design and construction prior to commencement.
• The use of Laser Scanning Technology that proved invaluable in efficient capture of as constructed surveys of structures such as pools and dive platforms, stockpiles and structural slabs throughout the project.
• Timely monitoring results for preservation of the structures via a customized site software and web based delivery of results for real time reporting to stakeholders.
• Spatial management of the 50m competition pool which had to be constructed to tight FINA and Swimming Australia construction design tolerances.
• Management of spatial integration of all trades on site including civil contractors, form workers, electricians, plumbers and builders.
Premium service delivery
Land Solution Australia utilised a combination of the latest measurement technologies to monitor the position critical elements during construction and service the needs of their client. This technology was used for a period of eighteen months providing the client with, efficiency, accountability and knowledge throughout the entire project.